Join the team
Bright Green is back after a five month hiatus – and we’ve got big plans to expand. That means over the coming months, we’ll be recruiting lots of talented, energetic and inspiring people to join our team. Make sure you check back on this page to see the latest vacancies:
As part of the shake-up at Bright Green, we’re looking for the next generation of creative, influential and effective writers to join our team. As part of the team, you’ll be writing content for our website to a regular deadline. Supported by the Bright Green Editor, you’ll receive detailed feedback on your work, as well as opportunities to develop your writing. You will also see your ideas, writing and views spread to thousands of people through Bright Green’s rich and varied audience.
We’re recruiting writers to write to fortnightly or monthly deadline in one of our four revamped categories:
- Green Parties – providing analysis and comment on the Green Parties of the UK, and across the globe.
- Labour Movement – offering insight into the labour movement, both domestic and international.
- Social Movements – showcasing, critiquing and analysing new and emerging social movements and people organising for change.
- News – delivering all the latest news on the UK’s green and progressive movements.
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
- A strong attention to detail.
- A fluid writing style.
- Self motivation.
- An ability to meet regular deadlines.
- An ability to work on own initiative.
- An understanding of what makes a good story, as well as how to produce informative and engaging content.
- An open attitude, and a willingness to respond proactively to feedback.
- Experience writing for varied audiences.
- A broad commitment to the values described in Bright Green’s manifesto.
While Bright Green maintains close connections with the UK’s Green Parties, we are not exclusively looking for writers who are members or supporters of any Green Party. We warmly encourage applicants from other political traditions and backgrounds.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- A statement explaining how you meet the criteria described above, why you want to join our team, and what excites you about writing for Bright Green. This should be no longer than one side of A4.
- Links or attachments to three pieces of written work, preferably intended for different audiences.
- A short email detailing which section you would like to write for, whether you want a fortnightly or monthly deadline, and when you are able to start.
We will review applications as we receive them, and will get back to successful applicants quickly. Therefore, make sure you apply early, as our vacancies may become filled.
We are keen to receive applications from people who define as women, LGBTQIA+, disabled, and/or black and minority ethnic.