Bright Green is starting a programme of events bringing discussion of radical and progressive ideas to the fore. This page will be updated regularly with our latest line up of debates and interviews.
The Bright Green Debates
Once a fortnight, Bright Green is bringing together leading figures on the left to discuss and debates the biggest issues of the day. These fortnightly debates will feature panelists from across progressive political parties, trade unions, the media, social movements and the arts.
The forthcoming Bright Green debates with confirmed panelists are listed below.
- Anthony Slaughter – Wales Green Party leader
- Nick Dearden – Director, Global Justice Now
- Sonia Adesara – NHS doctor and activist
- Mary Bousted – National Education Union joint general secretary
- Grace Blakeley – Staff Writer at Tribune and author of Stolen and The Corona Crash
- Larissa Kennedy – NUS President
Register to join the Zoom call for March 2 here.
- Rosi Sexton – Chair, Association of Green Councillors
- Chris Saltmarsh – Co-founder, Labour for a Green New Deal
- Josiah Mortimer – Co-editor, Left Foot Forward
- Claire Hanna MP – SDLP MP for Belfast South
- Pascale Robinson – Campaigns Officer, We Own It
- Afroze Fatima Zaidi – Weekend editor, The Canary
Register to join the Zoom call for March 16 here.
- Rosie Rawle – Co-chair, Young Greens
- Billy Hayes – Former general secretary, Communication Workers Union
- Deborah Hermanns – Momentum National Coordinating Group
- Sarah Walpole – Keep Our NHS Public
- Chris Thorpe-Tracey – Musician and writer
- Olivia Blake MP – Labour MP
Register to join the Zoom call for March 30 here.
- Clare Bailey – Green Party in Northern Ireland leader
- Ana Oppenheim – Momentum National Coordinating Group
- Johnbosco Nwogbo – Campaigns officer, We Own It
- Bob Gill – Producer of The Great NHS Heist